Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 A New Start

So, here we are, the first morning on the first day of a new year. I'm on my couch, under a blanket, my beautiful Jack Russell Terrier snoring away next to me! I was recently speaking to someone and made an optimistic comment, as I'm apt to do often, and they shook their head and asked if I was always so positive, like it was an awful trait!  I'll be the first to admit I am mostly a happy, joy-filled woman and I guess that can rub certain people the wrong way, especially people who are mired in negativity and self-pity. Trust me, I have my moments of cursing the idiot who just cut me off on the interstate and wishing bad things would happen to mean people. But on the whole, I am so grateful for my life, my health and the people in it and thought I'd try and write a couple of lines a day about the good stuff that's around me. Who knows, maybe it'll rub off on a mean person! Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment