Monday, March 10, 2014

Off to Ireland!


Okay . . .I think I'll get better at posting for the next few weeks as I'm traveling! As some of you know I had been saving a little here, a little there, for YEARS, in anticipation of my 50th birthday year. I thought I'd take a BIG trip, like India or Africa.  I want to share that with Charles and when we started looking at it, we need much more time than he can get off work at this point in his career :-(
So, the wild and crazy trips are being put off, and that's okay with me . . .hopefully there's time for us to experience those amazing places.

Long, convoluted story short - I am going to Ireland to volunteer with WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) on a small farm, owned by a couple who have a baby and 2 dogs. They farm 7 acres with veggies and herbs. It's in County Clare in a pretty remote location  (well, as remote as you can get in a country the size of Virginia!) and looks beautiful. I will spend 3 days on the west coast first, go to the farm, spend 2 weeks there, spend 3 days in Dublin, and then take a cheap Ryan Air flight to England!

The hardest part so far as been trying to pack for a month in my backpack!!!

 
 
But I finally, today, 12 hours before I leave, have done it!!!! One big backpack to carry on my bag and one small one to carry in my hand on the plane!

 
 
 
 
So . . I'm not going to ramble right now (as you will see I tend to do in this blog). I'm going to hang out with the Spouse for a few hours and make dinner but I'll be online in a day or two!
Bon Voyage to me!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. You packing goddess! Quite impressed! Bon voyage! Can't wait to follow your adventure! You will be in Ireland on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete