Saturday, March 15, 2014

The farm in Fa Ha

I arrived at the farm yesterday about 4pm and met Gwen (Irish), her husband, Matthew (Australian) and their 4 month old daughter, Rosie . . .their adorable, elderly terrier (Luna) and Rex the Border Collie. Plus 3 cats! Everyone is delightful! We had a pasta dinner and stuffed mushrooms and I was asleep by 0pm! This morning was a balmy 38 degrees with bright sunshine and the temp climbed to 54, though I think its a cold 54. But I wasn't cold for long! We started working at 10.30. They lost a number of trees recently in the storms and, while Matthew sawed the big branches down, I broke up smaller ones and twigs to smaller pieces to fit into their fireplace. We stacked everything in the wood shed and made a kindling pile and a log pile. Broke for lunch around 1.30 (falafel, hummus and salad. Oh, and lentil soup). Matthew was saying he had wanted to go watch Ireland play rugby today at a friends but "I've got to feed the horses". You KNOW my ears perked right up! Apparently his neighbor is away and he feeds them when they're gone. Of course, loving horses the way I do, I said "show me where everything is and I'LL feed them!" So the four of us (including Rosie) went for a walk over there after lunch so he could show me, and I went back at 5pm and had a great time feeding ponies (I even brushed them a bit, despite that not being on the to-do list!) These guys are a lovely little family, and their place is in the prettiest, greenest valley. Another Wwoofer (Stella from Brazil) arrives Tuesday so that'll be fun, getting to know someone else). I want to write more but I.m in bed, exhausted, so calling it quits today. Again . . . not spell checking so forgive typos!

No comments:

Post a Comment