Friday, March 14, 2014

See ya later Doolin

Well, I'm checked out of the hostel, though still here, in the lounge, waiting for the bus. I took one last hike this morning to an old tower I had seen up in the hills the last couple days . . .it took about an hour to walk to but it was fenced and the sign read "Private". . . .ran into a car load of Americans there so I took their photo for them and they drove off and I had the place, and the peaceful countryside all to myself again! It is grey and cooler today. The wind off the ocean is wonderful. The smell of sea, soil, grass and manure (!) remind me of my childhood and at one point I just stood there, breathed it all in and actually got a little teary-eyed. Not sure why . . .just remembering my young life and great childhood, my pony, Sweetcorn, spending days at the farm, staying overnight in the barn because I didn't want to go home but wanted to sleep with Sweetcorn! They were GREAT years and that smell on the breeze this morning just took me back there, I guess. I'm looking forward to getting Gort this afternoon and meeting Gwen and her family, and seeing my home for the next two weeks! I'm especially excited to be living in a house with two dogs! Going to pop out for one more walk . . .got an hour before my bus comes and all this sitting around is making me cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment