Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Encounter of the day . . . .

So, the ankle is still not 'right' & I'm not doing bootcamp, just to be safe.  I did however walk Nigel around Steeplechase to get moving a little. On our way back to the car I stopped on the 'bleachers' and decided to do some ab exercises. There was, as far as I could tell, no-one around so down I went, did a few sit-ups, followed by ab-bicycles. My heart really wasn't in it though . . .I'm not good at working out by myself. Just a natural born slacker I guess!  One minute into my ab-bicycles a woman, a dog and a little girl (about 5 or 6 years old I guess) rounded the corner and almost fell over me! Taking the excuse to stop working so hard I sat up and began petting their dog. The following conversation occured:

Little girl:  "What are you doing?"

Me: "Exercising . . "

Little girl:  "WHY?"

Me:  Furrowed brow. Silence. . . .

      "You know, I really don't know why!  I think I should just go home now & have hot chocolate.    Don't you think that's a better idea?"

Little girl:  "Uh-huh."

Way to go me for taking the opportunity to teach a child that exercise can be fun and a good thing! Oh well, whaddya gonna do. My heart wasn't in it . . .I was just being authentic! Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment