Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A good time was had by all!

Colin Firth.
I have a super dooper crush on him. Have had for some time and lately, with the release of The King's Speech and his nomination for an Oscar, he seems to be everywhere. Which is fine by me.  He's intelligent, articulate, boyishly handsome and loaded with sex appeal! Because (a) it'll never happen and (b) it'll never happen, I can say this: IF Colin Firth were suddenly in my life and was, by some miracle of miracles, interested in me, I can't promise that I would do the right thing!  I think he's THAT gorgeous.

Anyway on Oscar night, as previously mentioned, Karen and I went to an event at The Belcourt. It was wonderful. We got all dolled up, sparkling jewels, little black dresses, glittery facial stuff and hit the red carpet. We had wine, chatted to some nice folks Karen knew, watched awards being bestowed, had more wine and generally had fun. By close to 10pm though we were BOTH dragging, trying to yawn in secret and ready to find an available taxi to ferry us both home. We managed to procure said cab quickly, dropped Karen at her place and then headed west on I-40 into the wilds of western Davidson County. The driver, a very nice man from Somalia seemed to be in NO hurry and we drove at a somewhat leisurely pace the whole way. As we were pulling up the street to my neighborhood Karen called on my cell to tell me that my dream guy had just won Best Actor and she was watching him speak at that moment!   I felt certain I'd have made it home in time and could hardly believe I'd missed the moment. MY Colin. I was gutted. I threw too much money at the cabbie and sprinted for the front door but to no avail - he'd gone.

The good news is that, thanks to the wonders of modern technology I found the speech last night on youtube, watch it 17 times, my heart all a flutter and posted it on my facebook page, so there it'll be for all eternity. Oh, and he was on Oprah yesterday and I DIDN'T miss that!  Swoon . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment